The use of jewelry is common among humans all over the surface of the earth. In Africa, jewelry is used to make a statement and distinguish between gender, although, both use this fashion item.
Jewelry have always been a way for an individual to express himself non-verbally, showcase wealth, rank, political and religious affiliation or affections toward someone. This age old fashion item dates as far back as humans started wearing clothes.
However, some types of jewelry are thought to be demonic and only worn by witches. Toe rings and anklets might look beautiful to a jewelry enthusiast but the meaning behind these odd type of jewelry scares most people in Nigeria. Here are some that look satanic.
1. Ritual inspired; Raffia and cowries were cool in the early time but these days African magic will make you believe only witches still use them.
2. Anyone who has seen people worship sea gods will understand why this will be attributed to witchcraft.
3. Some might call it creativity but these local bead reminds one of Yoruba white witches.
4. Multiple toe rings; must be a witch with a degree.
5. Why would anyone wear diamonds on their foot, if it's not because they intend to fly on a broomstick at night?
6. Seductresses are known to possess a special kind of a witchcraft. Toe rings can be used to entice their victims.