- Abia state government has donated N14million to ailing veteran actor, Prince James Uche
- The state governor donated N3million while his wife gave N1million to the actor
- The state raised the remaining N10million for the kidney transplant to be carried out
The Abia State government has donated the sum of 14 million naira for the treatment of ailing Nollywood actor, Prince James Uche who needs to carry out a kidney transplant.
The state governor Okezie Ikpeazu led the donation with the sum of N3million, his wife raised N1million while the state raised 10 million naira for the actor.
Below is the official press statement from the Save Prince Uche Team who showered thanks on the Governor and everyone that has contributed for the actor's treatment.
We the campaign team ( #saveprincejamesucheteam ) just want to take a moment to thank his excellency the governor of Abia state, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu for his support to Prince James Uche...
We had a crucial meeting with his Excellency on Sunday 8th of January between the hours of 11pm-2am at the government house, Umuahia-Abia state and a sum of N3million physical cash was dropped on Monday 9th January at 1:29pm as his personal contribution to continue Prince James’s treatment via the chief press secretary of Abia state--Mr Enyinnaya Appollos.
His Excellency also approved the sum of N10million as Abia state government donation after advising us all (especially entertainers) to live a healthy lifestyle and remember to pray always.
Special thanks to:
(1).Governor Okezie Ikpeazu.
(2) The first lady of Abia state Deaconess Nkechi Ikpeazu who deposited N1million yesterday (Tuesday, January 10th) as her personal contribution.
3) The chief press secretary-Mr Enyinnaya Appollos who welcomed us and gave all the needed support/encouragement,
(4) The good people of Abia state,
(5) press/media houses,
And you all who have donated and prayed, god bless you all.
God bless Abia state...god bless Nigeria...amen....the needed amount is almost complete as we have paid some to the hospital and now started plans to get him a home (he's been living in the hospital) and fly him abroad with his son, best friend and kidney donor.
We still need your support via Prince James Uche-Zenithbank-ACCT-1001063788 ...OR..http://mk2.gofund.me/saveprincejamesucheteam?rcid=15d8 ....INFO CALL-Torino Emeka Ojukwu-08023200557...Ejiro Okurame--08030519374.